Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sometimes dreams do come true


As you know, I've dreamt in the past of doing something with my raw baking skills. I've mentioned the thought of opening up a raw bakery (like these lovely ladies; check out their Q&A if you haven't already), putting out an unbaking book (something I've wanted longer than I've had this blog), designing some shirts, etc.

Since I passed on the chance to do a raw cupcake book last year due to the timing (it was right at the beginning of my pregnancy with little lady; although I was making/creating raw cupcakes like crazy only weeks prior, the thought of them made my stomach turn in my first trimester), I thought I might be like the Little Hen now and do it all by myself in a raw cupcake e-book. Besides, I had been building the foundation for one for years, so why not share it?

Of course, the e-book needs some polishing, and this takes time to do. Hopefully, I'll eventually produce a finished copy for you soon.

In the meantime, I am excited to announce that I now have a shop, but it is not an unbakery. Instead, I found a simpler way to sell my shirts.

In the past, I've posted some shirt and onesie designs that I freehand painted myself (some of them in the posts were made by friends and family as shower gifts). I had considered selling some on Etsy, but it is so time consuming and expensive to do it that way (fabric painting by hand is not a quick process and therefore would be difficult to come up with a fair price).

For now, you can still support this blog by sporting this design first modeled by Hayden a few months back (hers was the hand-painted original). Check out my shop here (more designs to come), or click on the link in the sidebar to the left.

Now that I am officially a stay-at-home mom (after 6 months of unpaid maternity leave, I've decided to just continue being here for my baby and my son, too), I hope to find more ways to keep this blog afloat. Stay tuned for more Q&As, reviews and giveaways (there's still time to enter the Spring e-book contest, which ends Thursday, March 18, 2010), while I put the finishing touches on my e-book, more shirts and maybe even some Etsy items (if time allows). Thanks for believing in me. I adore my loyal readers :-)