Wednesday, June 24, 2015

100 Percent Pure's new Eye Creamsticks

Hi everyone! Things have been so crazy around here, which is why I haven't been posting as much (it also explains all the iPhone photos). My kids finished up their school year, and now we're spending a week at Bible School (Hayden is attending, and Jacob and I are teaching arts and crafts). Although I've found some brief moments to post on Instagram, I didn't get a chance to do a blog post about 100 Percent Pure's new Eye Creamsticks Fruit Pigmented Eye Color until now.

As an official 100 Percent Pure Approved Blogger, I was sent a preview of these Eye Creamsticks for review. Lucky for you, they are currently available on the 100 Percent Pure website.

To be honest, I'm usually more of a fan of traditional powder eyeshadows, rather than a creamstick (I'm the opposite when it comes to blush, as a prefer a creamy version). Unless I use a dusting of translucent powder or organic non-GMO cornstarch on top of a creamy eyeshadow, it tends to crease on my lids, melt away and/or smear my eyeliner and mascara. However, since I couldn't resist a chance to try these gorgeous shades, I took them all for a test drive with my fingers crossed for the best result.

First, I swatched the colors to get an idea of what they'd look like on my skin, which colors worked well together and to share them as soon as possible on Instagram, of course (I hate to admit that it's been almost a week since I posted these swatches). To my surprise, they're highly pigmented and have real staying power. They are shimmery with a slight powder finish and are quite flattering.

As you can see in the above pic, Light is a white highlighter, perfect for your brow bone and inner corners of your eyes. Naked Glimmer is a golden glow that's quite natural. Ecru Glimmer is a dusty rose with a shimmer. Susie's Favorite is a metallic lavender gray (I wasn't quite sure how to describe this one, but it's really nice). Eggplant is a more purple version of Susie's Favorite, although not as bright as an actual eggplant (and who's heard of a shimmery eggplant? LOL), and Forest essentially is a bright forest green.

My immediate favorite was and still is the Naked Glimmer, along with Light. I wore those two colors the first day, but then paired them with Forest, as I was a little unsure if I could get away with wearing green. I think Forest looked good on my lid with Naked Glimmer in the crease and Light on my brow bone. However, I do not recommend pairing it with Susie's Favorite or Eggplant, as it can look more like a bruise than an intentional eye color combo.

Another color combination I like is Ecru Glimmer as the base, Susie's Favorite in the crease and and Light on the brow bone. It looks great with the 100 Percent Pure Creamy Long Last Liner in Royal and the new Maracuja Oil Mascara.

As for the Eggplant, it's nice for a quick smokey eye effect. I'm wearing it in the above pic, along with the Ecru Glimmer and Light, of course (I'm sensing a trend). A smokey eye is fun with a pale sheer gloss, like this Peachy Vitamint I have on in the pic, as well. I'll tell you more about it and the other colors in my next post.

I have to say that I've been extremely happy with these Eye Creamsticks, so far, especially since I've been so busy. They are quick and easy to apply, and although it's insanely hot and humid around here, they stay put, don't crease and look great.

Now I will admit to also using 100 Percent Pure's brand new Mattifying Primer Vitamins + Antioxidants with Seaweed Collagen as a base to all my makeup lately, so maybe that's why these creamsticks have such staying power. You'll really want to keep an eye out for this one. It looks like natural clear aloe, so it's no surprise that it feels very moisturizing when applied. Unlike aloe, it's not sticky and it sets to a soft matte finish. It keeps my makeup looking fresh all day. It also seems to have a similar effect as the Caffeine Mask I reviewed recently.

I'll try to keep you posted as to when this primer is officially released and other Pure news on Twitter at @Rawdorable and Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

Speaking of other news, don't forget to stop by your nearest 100 Percent Pure store tomorrow, June 25 through Saturday, July 4 to take advantage of the in-store $10 Deal of the Day. Discover a new daily deal for 10 days (limit 1 per day, per customer), as 100 Percent Pure celebrates 10 years. I have a feeling this amazing Coconut Hand Buttercream (it smells like coconut buttercream frosting) might be one of the deals, but it's just an educated guess based on the artwork on the back of the card.

*100 Percent Pure gave me these products for review. All opinions are my own :)