Monday, June 1, 2015

Dairy-free, Gluten-free Jurassic Frozen Treat

Okay, so this is not just any frozen treat; it's a quick and easy dairy-free, gluten-free version of a Jurassic Smash Blizzard. Yum!

According to recent Dairy Queen commercial's, their latest Blizzard is in honor of the new Jurassic Park movie, "Jurassic World," due to hit theaters very soon. It has chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter cookie pieces and chocolate chunks in it. Inspired by this explosion of yumminess, I gathered my ingredients, which included a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pure Bar and some dairy-free, gluten-free cookie dough ice cream.

Although I'm mainly known on the internet for raw food recipes, I also enjoy indulgences like this So Delicious Vegan Gluten-free Cookie Dough Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert (now say that 10 times fast; LOL). It's so good.

It's even better when you mix in some chunks of Pure Bar, Blizzard-style. It's the perfect treat on a lazy Sunday, while watching a Jurassic Park movie marathon on TV (that probably explains the Jurassic Park Blizzard craving, so no, nobody asked me to post this).

Sunday definitely was lazy, as you could tell by my topknot pic on Instagram. I just wasn't in the mood to post anything else, including my face.

I had plenty of pictures taken the day prior, when my youngest sister April got married. Jacob, Hayden and I were all in the wedding (Jacob was an usher, Hayden was the flower girl and I was a bridesmaid). Here's a quick pic of Hayden putting of the bride's blue shoes.

I'd show more pics of the actual wedding day, but since I haven't asked my sister's permission yet, I'll wait. Instead, here's an Instagram refresher of the beauty products I used to get ready for the big day.

I painted my toes with two coats of Zoya nail polish in Jo, topped with a coat of 100 Percent Pure nail polish in Midsummer Night's Dream (the combination looked great with my blue dress, while barefoot on the dance floor with Hayden), and I painted my fingernails with 100 Percent Pure nail polish in Wedding. I love the subtle sparkles.

My makeup included 100 Percent Pure Primer, Tinted Moisturizer in Peach Bisque, All Over Glow in Deeply Sun Kissed, Luminating Creme in Northern Lights, Blackberry Long Lasting Liquid Eyeliner, Black Tea Mascara and Pomegranate Anti-Aging Lipstick in Poppy; Tarte Cosmetics eye shadows in various pinks, bronzes and purples (I've had this palette a while and I'm not sure of the color names); Boots Botanics Brow Pencil in Medium Brown and Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-Use Blush in Whisper.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend, too. Tell me about it on Twitter at @Rawdorable or on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).