Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Have you had a muffin batter smoothie yet?

What? You don't know what a muffin batter smoothie is? Those who follow me on Instagram (I'm @Rawdorable) do, and now I'll introduce them to you, too, starting with yesterday's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin Batter Smoothie. My hubby and son are big fans of the baked version, but since it's crazy hot out (yes, it's still 90-plus and humid), I think the ice cold smoothie version is a better alternative.

This muffin batter smoothie is dairy-free, gluten-free and has an added dose of vegan protein and superfoods. It's like blending your favorite baked good crumbs into your smoothie, but without the baked part. Just simply blend frozen banana, almond milk, almond flour (that's what makes it more like a batter), Jem Organics Cinnamon Red Maca Sprouted Almond Butter (so good; it amps up the flavor and also sweetens it with coconut sugar), vanilla and Philosophie Cacao Magic Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder. Then, pulse in some dairy-free chocolate chips and top the whole thing off with more almond flour, Cacao Magic powder and chocolate chips. It's chocolate heaven.

I've been posting these muffin batter smoothies as part of Charissa's #ColourfulSmoothie #Challenge (I hope some of you have been participating, too; check out my post from last week with some of my other smoothies).

My Blueberry Muffin Batter Smoothie started the trend and the base for these scrumptious treats (these really are a treat; I think I'm moving further away from smoothie and more toward shake territory). It has frozen banana, almond milk, almond flour (gotta have that texture), Jem Organics Cinnamon Red Maca Sprouted Almond Butter (it provides that sugar and spice that makes baked goods nice), vanilla and Philosophie Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder. I stirred it frozen blueberries to make it a blueberry batter, and added a larger straw to accommodate the berries.

The following day, I made a Strawberry Rose Petal Muffin Batter Smoothie, because I heard it was Red Rose Day. It has frozen banana, almond milk, almond flour (can't skip this ingredient), Jem Organics Cinnamon Red Maca Sprouted Almond Butter (yum!), vanilla and Philosophie Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder. I added a touch of rose water to make it extra special. I stirred in some broken-up freeze-dried strawberries and chocolate chips, which also required a larger straw. I garnished it with a strawberry rose. So pretty :)

A couple days ago, I made a Cranberry Orange Mango Muffin Batter Smoothie out of frozen banana, frozen mango, almond milk, almond flour (you get the idea), Jem Organics Cinnamon Red Maca Sprouted Almond Butter, vanilla and Philosophie Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder. This time I chopped up a Cranberry Orange Pure Bar into tiny pieces (small enough to fit through a large straw) and stirred them throughout the smoothie. So good!

Have you tried one of my muffin batter smoothies yet? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable or on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

*****

On another note, 100 Percent Pure is celebrating 10 years with its 10 Days of Charity, starting today, June 16, through Thursday, June 25. Ten discounted beauty bundles have been curated for the following charities (they received 10% of the proceeds): The Hunger Project, The A21 Campaign, Keep A Breast, Keep A Child Alive, Next Door Solution, Red Apple Movement, Operation Cuppa Joe, Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary, Beauty Bus Foundation and Kitten Rescue. You can take advantage of these deals (and get a free commemorative Baggu with every purchase), while helping out these causes.

For example, the Beauty Bus Foundation Bundle includes the Luminous Primer, Fruit Pigmented Blush in Strawberry, Black Tea Long Last Liquid Liner, Fruit Pigmented Lip Glaze in Velveteen and Luminous Creme in Northern Light, along with a cruelty-free Kabuki Brush, for only $115 (this set would cost $165 when purchased separately). If you purchase this set, the Beauty Bus Foundation (which delivers dignity, hope and respite to chronically or terminally ill men, women and children and their caregivers through beauty and grooming services and pampering products) will receive 10% of the proceeds. Check out the 100 Percent Pure website for more information.

Happy birthday 100 Percent Pure :)