Monday, June 8, 2015

Honey, honey

If you've been following me on Instagram, you may have seen these new 100 Percent Pure honey products I received for review, as a 100 Percent Pure Approved Blogger. I'm loving how soft they make my skin feel. I can't wait to tell you all about them.


First up is the 100 Percent Pure Honey Cream Wash in Blood Orange (I didn't see it on the website yet, which makes me wonder if it will be a store exclusive. I'll have to ask about that). It's perfect for this time of year, especially after spending a day in the sun. It nourishes my parched skin, making it so soft and smooth.


This Honey Cream Wash comes in a handy pump for dispensing the perfect amount. The cream wash is clear with a slight tint that reminds me of honey. If you look closely in the above pic, you can see a ribbon of cream wash on the side of the tub, next to the container.


Although the consistency of the cream wash resembles the Organic Argan Oil Creamy Facial Cleanser I blogged about in the past, the cream wash lathers surprisingly better than the facial cleanser. It's a moisturizing foam that cleanses well and doubles as a shaving cream (Brooke, a sales associate at the Annapolis store, taught me that). Oh, and I was able to skip the body lotion. You gotta love a multipurpose product. It even smells like fresh citrus.


For those of you who prefer bar soap, you'll want to try the new Honey Cake Soap, which officially debuted a few days ago. I was sent Honey Strawberry, but I'm sure they're all good.


To be honest, I'm more of a body wash girl than a bar soap one, yet I was ready to give this one a try. As soon as I took it out of the package (pretty cool how I made the empty package look like another bar of soap in this pic), I was in awe of how the warmth on my hand softened the bar ever so slightly, just enough to release some of it's moisturizers (it contains shea butter, cocoa butter and avocado butter) without melting the whole bar. It reminds me of a massage bar, like the ones at Lush.

Unlike a massage bar, this bar soap suds up into a creamy lather, especially when used with a cleansing brush (100 Percent Pure also sent me this cute facial brush, which looks like the leaf on their logo; it's so fluffy, yet still gets the job done). I was expecting it to have a stronger, sweeter scent, but the lack of fragrance reminded me of how natural these bars are.


This soap is so gentle that I've washed my face with it and the facial brush for the past few days. It leaves my face soft, even-toned and clear. I can't believe it hasn't clogged my pores. It must be the manuka honey and royal jelly working their magic. I felt comfortable enough to post this fresh-faced, nomakeup selfie on Instagram the other day, right after washing my face.

I'm so happy with these products, and it's not just because 100 Percent Pure sent them to me. They actually ended up being better than expected. I can't believe I like a bar soap this much.

Has anyone else tried either of these 100 Percent Pure honey products yet? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable or on my Instagram page (also @Rawdorable).

BTW, 100 Percent Pure officially released the Maracuja Oil Mascara I was raving about in my review the other day. This is my new fave :)

*****

On another note, my daughter Hayden and I found a ladybug in our organic lettuce in the fridge. It warmed up and came back to life. After taking this Instagram pic, we set it free outside. Nancy-Lee (the FashionCHICsta) said ladybugs bring good luck.


Have a lucky day :)

*100 Percent Pure sent me these products for review. All opinions are my own.