Thursday, October 29, 2015

Are you ready to #GetMuddy?

It's almost Halloween, and I have a treat for you. I love a good face mask, especially when there's a discount involved. I'll give the code at the end of this post, but first let me tell you all about it.

I've been following Muddy Body on Instagram for a while now, anxiously awaiting their official launch. Lucky for me, I was offered a chance to try their products, which are 100% natural, cruelty-free and vegan. They are made in small batches with a combination of powerful plant extracts, refining clay, and botanical and essential oils.


Above are the Clay Masks, which come in Detox (Activated Charcoal, Coconut and Cacao), Refresh (Cucumber, Aloe Vera and Matcha) and Relax (Rosehip, Chamomile and Lavender). The names suggest exactly why you'd use each one. Detox draws out toxins, while maintaining moisture and a healthy glow. Refresh hydrates, tones and gently exfoliates the skin, leaving it refreshed. Relax is calming, cleansing and moisturizing. These powdered masks are sold individually or as a set.


Today, I'm using Refresh, which is perfect for my aging skin. It draws out impurities without drying me out. Cucumber and aloe plump my skin and soften fine lines, while still clearing up any potential breakouts (yes, I still break out from time to time).

All of the masks need to be mixed in a separate container with a small amount of water or other liquid of your choice (similar products tend to recommend yogurt, coconut milk or honey). For easy mixing and application, this cute little Muddy Body brush is available for sale on the site. For a limited time, the brush is free with your mask purchase. Just so you know, the brushes are 100% synthetic/vegan/cruelty-free.

So how do I look after using the Muddy Body (I keep wanting to call it Muddy Buddy, which would be a really cute name) Refresh Clay Mask?

Well, I've been leaving it on for about 15 minutes, as recommended. My skin tends to be slightly pink right after removing the Refresh Clay Mask (which usually happens with any mask that contains Matcha; I just have very sensitive skin), but it quickly calms down to a healthy, even glow, as you can see (I'm not wearing makeup in the above pic). My skin is smooth and clear.

You can test out this mask, too, at a 20% discount through this Sunday, Nov. 1, 2015 with the code: BOODORABLE. Happy Halloween my pretties! *Now that Halloween over, you can still get 10% off with the code: RAWDORABLE10.

Let me know if you get a chance to try these Muddy Body products and share your results with me on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable). Hashtag #GetMuddy so Muddy Body can see it, too.

*Muddy Body sent me this face mask and brush for review. All opinions are my own.