Monday, October 26, 2015

Not-So-Slutty No-Bake Brownies

The other day, Lauryn of The Skinny Confidential posted a recipe for "Slutty Brownies," and I've been craving them ever since then. Basically, they're a layer of cookie dough, topped with Oreos and baked into a brownie. They're not just double yum; they triple or even quadruple yum, if you top them like I did.

Okay, so I'm getting ahead of myself. I first heard about these amazingly decadent treats during one or perhaps both of Jessica Simpson's pregnancies. Apparently, they were a major craving for her, as I can totally understand. When your hormones are raging, these really hit the spot (oh yeah; your "Aunt Flo" could really use one of these).

When I have naughty brownies on the brain like these, I want them gluten-free, dairy-free and asap. That means I'll usually opt for a semi-homemade unbaked version, as you'll see in my recipe. I wasn't in the mood to whip up some of my raw vegan sandwich cookies or no-bake cookie dough, so I took advantage of the yummy bars I got from Jordan of the Balanced Blonde and Aloha (thank you). The Vanilla Almond Crunch Protein Bars and Dark Chocolate Coconut Aloha Bars are good on their own, but when combined with no-bake brownies, you can take them to another level.

And now for the recipe; start by adding 1/2 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup soaked dates, 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder, 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and a dash of sea salt to a mini food processor.

Give the ingredients a spin in the mini food processor until it forms a dough, as shown. Set this aside, while you form the base of your layered brownie creation.

The bottom layer of your Not-So-Slutty (because they might be a tad better for you) No-Bake Brownies is made out of just three Aloha Vanilla Almond Crunch Protein Bars. In a small rectangular pan or on a standard plate, put two of your bars side-by-side, as shown. Then, cut the third bar so it lays flush against the ends of the two bars. The result should be a rectangle base.

Two Dark Chocolate Coconut Aloha Bars will act as the cookies in the center of the brownies. Either use a knife or a tiny cookie cutter to make four "cookies" out of each bar. You'll end up with a total of eight small "cookies."

Top the Vanilla Almond Crunch Bar base with the Dark Chocolate Coconut "cookies," so that they are equally distributed, as seen above.

Cover the "cookies" with the "brownie batter" you made earlier, and shape it to the same size as the bar base.

To make this brownie concoction extra special, spread some Jem Raw Organics Hazelnut Raw Cacao Sprouted Hazelnut Spread across the top ...

... and swirl in some organic natural peanut butter, as shown.

Put the finished brownies in the freezer or fridge for a bit to set, and then cut them into eight equal squares.

These are so good! Let me know if you get a chance to try them on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable). Happy unbaking :)