Thursday, October 8, 2015

Luminous RMS Beauty face, lips & nails

In a recent blog post about RMS Beauty, I mentioned that they were sending me one of their new nail polishes. Since I'm such a big fan of the Living Luminizer, I picked the matching Luminizer polish as my first one to try. Look at how perfectly it matches the Living Luminizer above; I made a finger swatch of the highlight and a painted polish heart for comparison.

The new line of RMS Beauty nail polishes are free from petrochemicals, parabens, xylene, formaldehyde, toulene, DPB, formaldehyde resin, camphor and animal products, and come in 10 shades, inspired by various RMS makeup colors, as seen above. They really do look exactly like their matching Lip Shines, Lip2Cheeks, Eye Polishes and of course, the Luminizer.

Although the Luminizer is recommended as a top coat over the other colors, I think it looks amazing on it's own. It's reminds me of the shiny inside of a shell. Here I only used the Luminizer nail polish without a top or base coat. It applies evenly and dries fairly quickly. It also holds up quite well to all my hand-washing and other mommy duties.

I love this color so much that it inspired my outfit of the day, as well as my lipstick of the day. It's gorgeous outside, so I dressed easy breezy. I layered this sheer striped Madewell button-down shirt from a while back (it has a slight shimmer, which made me think of the Luminizer) over a basic black camisole-style layering tank. Although this particular striped shirt is no longer available on the Madewell website, there is this Over-Sized Button-Down Shirt in Stripe on the site and another Button-Down Tunic Shirt with Pockets in Stripemix in the sale section as I type this. I'm also wearing my favorite Rip and Repair Denim Boyshorts and signature Arrowstack Necklace.

As for my lipstick, I'm wearing RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Promise, topped with the Living Luminizer for added shine.

Here's a closer look at the lipstick and nail polish together. I think they make a lovely combo, don't you?

Have you tried RMS Beauty's new nail polish? Which color would you pick? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

*RMS Beauty sent me this nail polish for review. All opinions are my own.