Thursday, October 1, 2015

I'm a Flora Babe; are you?

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of body scrubs. I posted them like crazy during bikini season, of course, but I still use them routinely throughout the year. Although I may be layering on a scarf for fall, I still want to have silky, smooth skin when I have nothing on at all.

One of my favorite body scrub brands is Flora Body Care. Flora currently makes these yummy Vanilla Coconut and Coffee Hazelnut Natural Body Scrubs that I can't stop raving about (shhh ... there's also a new one in the works).

It all started with the Vanilla Coconut Natural Body Scrub that I posted about this summer. I had just gotten back from a beach vacation, and the experience of using this particular scrub was like bringing the beach back to me.

In case you missed it the first time, this scrub is made of sugar, sea salt, coconut flakes, coconut oil, aloe vera leaf juice, vitamin E and a lovely vanilla scent. All these organic ingredients combine into a delightful sand-like consistency (it actually looks like sand) that smells like baked goods and washes away easily (I wish real sand did that). It's like "sugar gold."

To use it, I simply apply the scrub to my wet skin and rub it in circular motions. I leave it on for 5-10 minutes and rinse. You may want to follow up with a body wash to remove any excess oil, or skip that step in lieu of your regular post-shower moisturizer (I still like to massage on some Acure Organics Body Firming Lotion or Dry Oil Spray when I get out of the shower).

Moving into this cooler, darker weather, I also like to really perk myself up in the morning with Flora's Coffee Hazelnut Natural Body Scrub. It contains coffee seed powder, sugar, sea salt, hazelnut seed oil, avocado oil and vitamin E. It smells like that a.m. cup of Joe and reminds me of the hazelnut coffee I drank all the time in my college days.

This scrub may not be as pretty as the sugar scrub, but it knows how to get down and dirty, really getting the job done. I feel as though this one is even more exfoliating and has a slight toning effect (must be the caffeine). The instructions are the same as the other scrub, except it may take you an extra minute to rinse out your shower (this one doesn't dissolve as well as the other one).

I love that both of these scrubs come as dry scrubs in these zipper pouches, which are perfect for travel and prevent the scrub particles from dissolving prematurely. They are also handcrafted with love and all natural ingredients, cruelty-free, and free from parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, synthetic dyes, mineral oils and aluminum.

You can experience my love for these products, too, when you use my Flora Babe discount. Type in the code: RAWDORABLE20 to get 20% off your next Flora Body Care order.

Also, I recently reached 3,000 followers on Instagram, so as a thank you to all of you, I'm giving away one of these scrubs. Simply follow me (if you aren't already) and @florabodycare on Instagram, repost this photo with the tags @rawdorable, @florabodycare and #rawdorableflorababegiveaway, and don't forget to tag a friend or two. I'll randomly pick a winner from the reposts that use the hashtag. I hope to announce the winner on Monday, October 5, 2015 (as long as this hurricane moving my way doesn't hit then; fingers crossed that it doesn't). Unfortunately, this giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S.A. and Canada. Good luck babes :)

Are you a Flora Babe? Which scrub is your fave? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Flora Body Care sent me these scrubs for review (except for the Vanilla Coconut that I repurchased). All opinions are my own.