Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Good4You Sweet Fern

I just came back from volunteering at my daughter's school. I have to admit that the first thing I do when I get home is wash my hands, which made me think of my little girl. I reached for this lovely Sweet Fern Liquid Soap, affectionately referred to as "FernGully" soap around here. I just adore what looks to be a hand-drawn font and ferns on the packaging, reminding my kids and I of the animated flick.

I recently won this liquid castile cleanser, along with a Sweet Fern body mist, on Instagram from Jes of Good4You Herbals. Her Etsy shop is packed with natural, handmade beauty products, including makeup (the lip balms/tints and blushes are gorgeous), perfume oils (apparently, I'd be drawn to the Cave Aromatherapy Oil, since I'm an Earth sign; I'm a Taurus, btw), skincare (I'd love to try the Beach Rose Beauty Cream pictured above; yes, I totally snagged this pic from her Etsy page), and hair and body care (the Wild Bathing Flowers look especially nice). She even makes a handful of products with a mermaid theme (I can't resist a mermaid theme).


But, back to the Sweet Fern soap and mist; the soap comes in a sleek brown pump with a decorative label I previously mentioned. To my surprise, the soap actually dispenses with a slight sheer brown tint, similar to tea. I'm going to guess that the color comes from the wild harvested sweet fern leaves that provide the subtle scent. It also contains organic castile soap (water, saponified organic coconut, sunflower and castor oils, citric acid derived from crystallized fruit sugar and rosemary extract) and organic green tea oil.

I've mainly used this soap for handwashing, but like other castile soaps, it has a ton of uses. It's gentle enough for my hands, face and body, and still is able to wash away my Skinnamon Coco Detox Scrub I'll be blogging about later in the week. It's plant-based, made from local ingredients, all-natural, nongmo, cruelty-free and vegan. I just wish it was in a bigger container.

As for the Sweet Fern Toner and Body Mist, it also comes in a small container (it's a cute little glass spritzer bottle), so I've reserved it for just a facial toner. It's quite refreshing after I wash my face (I think it would work well for most skin types). I love the light sweet fern scent. Other uses include using it as a makeup remover (it actually does work), body mist and room spray.

Thanks to Jes for sending me these lovely products. Have you tried her line? Do you shop on Etsy? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

*Although these products were sent to me, all opinions are my own :)