Saturday, August 30, 2008

Care package

Lucky me, somebody was thinking of moi. Actually, it was just coincidental that it arrived when I returned home with my new footwear (I'm now styling the one boot look, like Michael Jackson and his sparkling white glove) and crutches, but I still consider it to be perfect timing.

There it was: a box addressed to yours truly from Lydia's Organics (you may remember the review I did recently of one of its newest additions). It was filled with some wonderful products that I'll be sharing with you soon.

Although I make a lot of my raw recipes myself, sometimes it is nice to have either part or all of a meal already made for you (especially when traveling or when you're not quite yourself, like I am right now). These convenience products are great in a pinch, for raw newbies just starting out, as a shortcut ingredient in your own creations or simply as a special treat.

Due to my current condition, I am very happy to have these around (I'm ecstatic right now). I am finding it to be a bit more difficult to maneuver around my kitchen, much less make anything in it. And since my hubby knows next to nothing about making a raw meal outside of cutting an apple or peeling a banana, I'm basically up a creek without a paddle.

I've already started tearing into these lifesavers, tasting them by themselves, as well as in other fun fashions. I'll explain more in my next post :-)

By the way, don't forget to vote for your raw favorites in the VegNews Veggie Awards. I think tomorrow is the last day.

4 comments:

Debbie Young said...

Hey sorry about your arm!
do you think you will make raw spirit?
If you have tickets I will buy them!
deb
debbiedoesraw.blogspot.com

shannonmarie said...

I saw your other comment. Yeah, it was my foot, but that's okay.

Unfortunately, I don't have a ticket to sell. I guess it just wasn't in the cards from the get go. Hope you find one soon.

HiHoRosie said...

Talk about a get well gift! Fun!

shannonmarie said...

I was thinking the same thing.