Saturday, February 14, 2009

Make it last


You know you've heard the phrase: "Take a picture; it will last longer." So, that's what I decided to do with these Valentine flowers from my hubby.

I couldn't think of a better way to preserve these buds than with a photo shoot conveniently displayed on my blog. I can always log on to jog my memory.

Now, I also might press a few when the time is right. They keep forever that way and are great for craft projects (something I always enjoyed doing with my grandmother. She has quite the collection of phone books stuffed with perfectly dried blooms).

I just adore the peachy tone my husband selected for me. He knows me so well. Forget the traditional; I'd much rather have these blushing beauties. I don't need to receive a bouquet of red to know my man really loves me :-)

Hope you're enjoying your Valentine's Day. I sure am. And, just for the fun of it, take some time to reminisce with last year's menu. I'm thinking about doing something similar tonight.