Thursday, April 30, 2009

Chocolate & flowers

Someone knows what I like.

For my birthday (today), my friend Becky came over for a visit. We were concerned about the possibility of a washout. Lucky for us, the sun made an appearance through the clouds, fending off the predicted showers.

Now I know April showers bring May flowers, but does it have to be on my birthday?

Thank goodness Mother Nature made an exception, allowing us to spend the day walking the boardwalk, browsing the shops and topping it all off with a lovely meal from a fairly new restaurant in the area (the food was fresh, "green," and definitely worth another trip).

When we got back to the house, my hubby was waiting for me with a bouquet of flowers. He knows me so well, selecting yellow Gerber daisies and tulips. Beautiful!

I just had to take a shot of one of them (yes, Jacob left some room on the camera this time) alongside the decorative chocolates Becky helped make for me at her work (they make chocolates, if you didn't figure that out already). I know they're not raw, but I thought you'd enjoy the visual. Thanks, Becky :-)