Thursday, December 10, 2009

Striptease

I can hear the music already: "Ba da da ..., ba da da da ..., ba da da ..., ba da da da da ..., ba chi-chi, ba chi-chi, ba chi-chi, ba chi-chi, ba dada, ba dada, ba da da da ..." (or something like that).

Anyway, if you clicked on the link, you would've heard it as you watched the unveiling of this festive fruit.

I know I said you wouldn't be hearing from me as much this month, but I just couldn't resist. Besides, Hayden was entertained by this one, especially when I started singing the burlesque-style tune.

So, what's underneath this skin? It's a raw chocolate orange (okay, I actually used a clementine, but you get the point), similar to the processed ones found on the store shelves this time of year. This one may not have as long of a shelf life, due to its lack of preservatives, but after one taste, it won't last long anyway.

It's so easy to make, too. It is just a peeled citrus fruit, sectioned and filled with a mixture of cocoa powder and agave, spiced with some cinnamon. Sweet and spice; now that's nice :-)