Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hayden helps make "Cucchetti" Tacos

As you all know, the hot raw chef contest ends tomorrow, so if you haven't voted, you might want to head over to hotrawchef.com, asap (and vote for contestant No. 20; wink, wink ;-) How's that for a subtle hint?).

But, before you do, check out this quick video of Hayden and I in the kitchen again (this time my handsome hubby helped by handling the camera; thanks honey). Inspired by the Hot Raw Chef 5 in 5 concept, we decided to take our "Zucchetti" Taco recipe (originally posted on Jan. 13, 2010) and simplify it for a summer snack.



As the name suggests, we swapped out the zucchini for cucumber "noodles," hence the name "cucchetti" (although it's more like fettuccine than spaghetti). We also lightened up the sauce by using just fresh heirloom tomatoes, EVOO, nutritional yeast and Italian seasonings, rather than "beefing" it up with the usual walnut/almond "meat" and sun-dried tomatoes.

Hayden had fun sampling every ingredient before I could even put one together. You have to see it; my son is still laughing about it.

Anyway, my Internet has been acting crazy today (I think it took me about a dozen tries to finally upload the whole video, and it's not even that long), so I'm going to make this brief. I've got plans to finish up our Harry Potter marathon before the new movie comes out (midnight tonight, but I might wait a few days before I get to see it; I'm more of a matinee kind of gal). Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to vote. Thanks again!