Friday, September 14, 2012

Rawdorable Cookie Couture

It's Friday family night around here, so I'm going to make this more of a photo post than a lot of text. I just wanted everyone to know I didn't forget about you (yes, it's been a full week since my last post).

Inspired by Fashion Week, I couldn't resist picking up these cute "Cookie Couture" cookie cutters at the store (total impulse buy, I know). Anyway, Hayden and I had fun using them to make Rawdorable cookies (mostly raw vegan, but basically cookies that don't require any baking), which look like some of our favorite fashions.

As you can see, there are four cookie cutters, but we only made enough dough for three. We took some cashews and oats for a spin in the mini food processor to become our flour, and then mixed in a little date paste, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice (fall fashion deserves some fall flair). We only added enough of the wet ingredients to both flavor the cookies and hold them together (you don't want it to be too damp or you will have to "bake" them in a dehydrator; otherwise, they firm up well in the fridge).

After rolling out the dough, we cut out a purse shape and decorated it with whipped coconut cream (allow a can of coconut milk to set unshaken in the fridge until chilled and the "cream" has separated to the top. Remove the "cream" and whip to a fluffy consistency. Sweeten, if desired), quick and easy chocolate icing (cocoa powder and pure maple syrup mixed together to make an icing consistency), and chocolate chips (not raw, but perfect for this) to look like this adorable vegan Susan Nichole purse. Love it! We even shaped a handle for it.
 

We also modified the shoe shape to resemble these platform Cri De Coeur heels, frosting the top with quick and easy chocolate icing and the platform/heel with maple almond butter (to look like the cork). I just adore the green strap detail, which we mimicked with a thin slice of green grape.


We also incorporated a thin slice of green grape on the gown as a sash. Then, we continued decorating it with fresh figs, which are quite fashionable at the moment. It's my favorite fruit.


Speaking of figs, I enjoyed some more fresh figs in a salad this evening. It was a simple mixed greens salad with fresh figs (of course), walnuts, herb nutmilk cheese and balsamic vinegar. Yum!


Oh, and this post also reminds me of the Rawdorable high heel cupcakes I made at the beginning of the year. I'm such a fan of mixing food with fashion :-)



Enjoy your weekend!