Friday, November 30, 2012

Always time for Eco Emi

Things have been busy around here, but we always find time for Eco Emi. Our November box arrived yesterday, not long before I had to run out the door to pick up my son, etc. The holidays are in full swing, which explains why I accidentally referred to this month's Eco Emi box as the last one of the year (duh, December 1 is tomorrow; it's still November today). Oops :-)

 

Anyhoo, Hayden and I had considered not doing an unboxing video this month, but since we hadn't mentioned that thought on the blog yet, we quickly found a moment to catch our initial reactions on camera (we always do our videos as soon as possible, because we just can't wait to see what's inside the box). Unfortunately, the lighting in this month's video was awful (the way the sun and shadows were hitting my face made me look sickly, although Hayden seemed to glow like a little angel). Luckily, my pictures and views of the products below provide a clearer view.

Candy Mint Foot Stick by Deep Steep: We've sampled a Deep Steep lotion in a past Eco Emi box, so we already were fans of the brand. Hayden and I were excited to see another large tube, similar to that amazing Organic Indulgence body butter stick we received over the summer, especially since in looked like a cute candy cane. It smells delicious, too; reminds me of those smooth and melty mints I used to eat as a child. I'm just a little concerned about applying it directly onto my feet. Maybe I'll put some on my hands to apply it.

Vegan Orange, Clove and Cinnamon Soap by Metropolis Soap Co.: I think I've seen other bloggers post about this soap with rave reviews, but Hayden and I had yet to try it, until now. It smells exactly like orange, clove and cinnamon; so festive! Hayden already claimed this one for herself.

Organic Lemon Ginger Yerba Mate Tea by Mate Factor: If you follow my blog, you already know I'm a big tea drinker. Lemon and ginger are actually some of my favorite flavors, too, perfect for this time of year. I've also sampled Mate Factor tea in another flavor in a past Eco Emi box. It was quite tasty.

Twilight Sparkle & Smokey Quartz Eye Shadow by Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques: I have to thank Christine (founder of Eco Emi) for introducing me to this brand of cosmetics. Every product I've received so far, I've loved and would recommend to a friend. This month's eye shadow colors work wonderfully together to create a sparkling gray smoky eye for the holidays.

i Sparkle Eye Cream by i choose to glow skincare: Okay, so I'm not shy about admitting my age, but I don't always want to look it. I gotta have my eye cream. This one's adorable pink logo sparked both mine and Hayden's attention. I tested it out this morning, and I do think I look more awake and sparkly. It must be that subtle bit of pixie dust added to the mix (I'll never grow up). It seems to do the trick without being very obvious or settling into my fine lines (yes, I have a few when I smile).

Pumpkin Face Mask by Rainwater Botanicals: Who doesn't love pumpkin, especially this time of year? I haven't tested this particular facial mask yet, but I can tell you that using just cooked pumpkin puree as a mask has worked to give me a healthy glow. Something tells me that this might be even more luxurious, though

Blueberry Greek Yogurt Bars by Athena Bars: Obviously, this one is not vegan, but I think my mom would like this one. She's into the Greek yogurt and blueberry craze. I can see why Christine included it in this box.

Seaweed Powder Bath with Hawaiian Kukui Oil in Citrus Scent by The Seaweed Bath Co.: The Seaweed Bath Co. is one of the brands I've continued to purchase after using up my Eco Emi samples. I highly recommend the shampoos and conditioners, which happened to be sold at a store near my friend's house. I can't wait to use this powder bath. I might have to reserve a spa day this weekend and use that Rainwater Botanicals Pumpkin Mask then, too.

Sweet Cherry & Almond Silkening Body Lotion and Orchard Pear & Fig Silkening Body Lotion by Organic Indulgence: Speaking of a spa day, I should follow up that bath with one of these lotions. Since I already have that Orchard Pear & Fig Body Balm (one of the best products from June's Eco Emi box), I'll probably sample the Sweet Cherry & Almond.

Well, that may have been my last Eco Emi video, although I still plan on posting what is in future boxes and the follow-up DIYs. It's just not always convenient to get our initial reactions on camera and get the video posted in a timely fashion. More and more YouTubers are posting their videos, and the competition is fierce to be the first one posted. 

Speaking of DIYs, I made a pair of earrings the other day to match the necklace DIY from my last post. I used the same technique, but smaller.

Have a happy Friday! :-)