Thursday, April 30, 2015

Josie Maran Argan Lip & Cheek Color Duo

You may be surprised to know that I sometimes shop at Sephora for beauty brands like Josie Maran, Tarte, TaTa Harper, Supergoop!, Fresh and REN. When I stopped in to Sephora the other day, I picked up this exclusive Josie Maran Infinitely Argan Lip & Cheek Color Duo mini set, along with my Beauty Insider birthday gift (my 39th birthday is today; this year's Beauty Insider birthday gift is a NARS Lip Pencil Duo in Cruella and Rikugien).

I can't believe I hadn't gotten around to trying these tubes of creamy argan-oil based lip and cheek color, which usually sell for $18 a tube. Of course, I couldn't resist two mini tubes for only $16.

The mini tube set comes in Everlasting Honey and Timeless Coral. Both are quite similar in color, as seen in the above swatch. I'd advise shaking the tubes and kneading them in your hands prior to opening, since the product has a tendency to separate.

When applied to the apples of your cheeks, the Everlasting Honey is just enough color to provide a healthy glow. It also gives a natural shine to your lips.

The Timeless Coral brings the look up a notch, with a more vibrant pop of color, but not too much.

Some of the reviews I've read said this product has a tendency to be oily and gritty at the same time. I found it to be much smoother when I made sure the product was mixed properly (kind of like how you need to mix natural peanut butter before you use it to get the proper consistency). I'd purchase more in the future.