Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pure All Over Glow

I tend to be a bit shy about taking my picture and posting it online (especially since I'll be 39 at the end of this month), but sometimes I just have to do it, if I want to blog about makeup and beauty products (I'm not all about food). For example, today's post is a review of the 100 Percent Pure bronzer samples I got the other day from Dana, the Annapolis store manager. She was kind enough to provide me with samples of the All Over Glow in Lightly Sun Kissed, as well as in Deeply Sun Kissed.




Unsure of which bronzer shade I'd prefer (I'm wearing 100 Percent Pure Tinted Moisturizer in Peach Bisque, as a base), I started with the light All Over Glow, which I applied to the tops of my cheeks, ...

... along the bridge of my nose (this definitely is not the most flattering photo, but you get the idea) and on other spots where light would naturally hit, such as on my brow bones and cupid's bow.

Once blended, this is how the light bronzer looked on me. It's very subtle, like using a highlighter.

I was concerned that the darker bronzer might be too dark for an "all over glow" on me, so I opted to try some contouring with both shades. I applied more of the light bronzer in the same spots where the light would shine and used it as a guide for the dark bronzer, which should mimic the shadows, such as beneath your cheekbones and the sides on your nose.

If you try this, make sure to blend well (you don't want your cheeks to look like whiskers).

The end result looked like this. I had a much warmer glow, as you can see in the above pic (yup, that's my goofy self; I might be blushing a bit).

And just for Dana, I'll try to rock it with confidence. I wish the natural shimmer showed up better in these pics, but I think that's the reason I like it. It's not too much.

Speaking of Dana, she recommended mixing some of the All Over Glow with body lotion to use on your legs, which reminded me of Prtty Peaushun (I have it in medium). I decided to try it and compare. On my left leg, I applied the Prtty Peaushun, and on my right leg, I used a combination of lotion and 100 Percent Pure All Over Glow in Deeply Sun Kissed. The color appeared very similar.

Now I'm not sure which bronzer shade to get. I really like the light one on my face, but the darker worked best on my legs. Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable what you think.

If you follow me on Twitter, you probably already know that I like to shop at Madewell. In case you were wondering, the sweater I'm wearing in this post is Madewell's Station Pullover Sweater in French Vanilla, which is a lighter weight for Spring (it's cotton/poly for my vegan readers) and is quite comfy. It's currently in the sale section.