Monday, July 18, 2016

Can't stop raving about Beauty Brew

Recently, I posted about Beauty Brew, and couldn't stop raving about this line of holistic handcrafted beauty treatments. In fact, I still can't stop raving about those body products from my prior post, and now, this facial scrub, tonic and balm from today's post.

Now, let's start with this Beauty Brew Tea Tree & Matcha Scrub, which contains green tea matcha powder, castile soap, organic brown sugar, tea tree oil, vanilla, lemongrass oil and olive oil. I love the short list of clean ingredients that all serve a purpose. The castile soap cleanses, while the sugar provides a gentile scrub, restoring that healthy glow to dull, tired complexions. The antibacterial tea tree oil prevents inflammation, kills bacteria and treats breakouts, and the other oils keep the skin soft and moisturized. Oh, and that vanilla makes it smell so good (all the Beauty Brew products I've tried smell amazing).

I can also smell the green tea matcha powder, which I have always heard was excellent for sun-exposed skin (I've actually used green tea bags on sunburns). The funny thing is that the overall scent of this product reminds me of a spicy gingersnap cookie; it makes me hungry every time I use it, although it doesn't look very appetizing on my face. It's a paler color on the skin than you see in the container. It looks a bit like something from a baby's diaper (sorry, it's the mommy in me), but it makes my skin soft and smooth like a baby's bottom, after I wash it away. It also doesn't clog my pores.

Heads up, though, that you'll need to avoid using this near your eyes. I recommend cleansing your face with your usual facial cleanser before using this product. I washed my face with the Handcrafted Beauty Almond & Honey Cleansing Oil that I reviewed a couple weeks ago.

Next up is the Beauty Brew Vodka & Rose Face Tonic. I've heard that vodka was an excellent toner for the skin, but since I don't drink these days, I also don't have any organic vodka around the house to test out, as part of my skincare routine. Lucky for me, Beauty Brew included it in this tonic, along with purified water, witch hazel, rose hydrosol, rose oil, tuberose oil and sweet orange extract. I just adore the light floral scent and the way this toner gently cleanses, tightens my pores and leaves my skin so very soft. After using this toner (applied with cotton rounds to remove any leftover dirt and makeup, being careful to avoid the delicate eye area), I'm tempted to skip moisturizer, and actually have skipped the moisturizing step on occasion (it's that good).

When I use moisturizer lately, I reach for this face tonic's "partner in crime" (is it a crime that these products work so well together? Something's suspicious here; just kidding, although they really are made for each other). The Beauty Brew Rose & Vitamin C Restorative Face Balm is absolutely amazing, especially when applied after the tonic. I can't believe this simple "beauty brew" (it only contains shea oil, cacao butter, beeswax, rose oil, tuberose oil, sweet orange oil and seaberry oil) is so effective and such a dream to use (it's so luxurious and smells heavenly).

You only need a small amount of this rich balm to experience all it has to offer. The shea and cocoa butters melt the minute the heat of your skin touches it. These butters are known for their moisturization and healing properties (I've always used shea and cocoa butters to help prevent scarring and reduce the appearance of stretchmarks, scarring, etc. Did I mention that you can also use this balm on other parts of your body? I have). I just dab a little on where I need it most, and let my skin drink it up. They must be high quality butters, as I haven't had issues with them clogging my skin or causing breakouts.

The star ingredients in this balm are the rose and sweet orange oils. Together, they feed your skin antioxidants to prevent the formation of free radicals that can age the skin. Personally, I've noticed my skin looking smoother, softer and more vibrant. My fine lines seem to disappear, especially around my eye area. I'm not sure if it is advisable to use this product there, but I've had amazing results using it in place of my usual eye cream (I just make sure not to get it in my eyes). I just love this little miracle in a jar and plan to purchase more in the future (once I get through this one; I'm only about a quarter of the way through it).

Seriously, I highly recommend Beauty Brew. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this brand. Let me know, if you can't stop raving about Beauty Brew, too. You can find me on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* A big thank you goes out to Beauty Brew for sending me these products.
All opinions are my own :)