Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Creamy Dreamy Watermelon Butter Smoothie

If you don't follow me on Instagram, then you probably missed my latest creamy, dreamy smoothie. It's been so popular that I had to share it here, too. All you need to do is blend some frozen watermelon (I just filled up my personal blender; I used my Tribest), a heaping spoonful of Dastony 100% Organic, Raw & Stone Ground Watermelon Seed Butter and enough water to make it blend easier (maybe a couple tablespoons, but not much). The result is a creamy sweet melon smoothie with this pretty pinky peach color.

Sometimes I'm hesitant to combine anything with watermelon than water and melon (although I have broken that rule), but since this seed butter is made out of watermelon seeds, I knew this combo was meant to be. If you haven't tried watermelon seed butter, I can tell you that it's similar to sunflower seed butter in both taste and texture, so don't expect it to be sweet (unless you add something to it, like in this smoothie). It's made out of 100% organic watermelon seeds that are peeled and stone ground into a silky smooth butter. Very cool.

I got this watermelon seed butter in my latest RawBox (check out my original RawBox post for more information), along with this facial scrub from The Wonder Seed (you may have seen it in other veg-friendly subscription boxes). This 100% vegan and cruelty-free, gentle scrub is made out of natural ingredients, like water lotus blossom extract, virgin hemp seed oil and coconut oil, to create a clear cleanser with sea salt exfoliates. It's a deep cleanser that leaves my skin fresh and radiant.

I basically mentioned The Wonder Seed Facial Scrub, because I included it in my original Instagram post about this smoothie (and because it's good stuff). Also included in this RawBox was Juvo Organic Raw Meal packets (very convenient), Coconut Simple Squares (quite tasty), Whole Fig Nut Raw Bar (figs are my favorite), Barnanas (like chewy banana candies, but better for you), Ello Raw Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes (need I say more; they're so yummy), Rawxies Lemon Poppy Seed Heart Bar (who doesn't love Rawxies?), Amazing Grass Green Superfood Detox & Digest packets (I've been a fan of Amazing Grass products for years) and Vera Clean Natural Antibacterial Cleaner (I feel good about using this cleaner in my house). These boxes just keep getting better and better :)

If you make this smoothie, let me know what you think. You can find me on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* RawBox sent me this subscription box. All opinions are my own :)