Monday, May 23, 2011

Projects & finals


I'm always coming up with things to do, but somehow never get around to doing those things. Therefore, I'm happy to report when I check something off the list.

Since I've been keeping myself busy, I don't have much of a chance to check in with my lovely readers. Here's a quick sample of what's taking up my time these days.

Remember how I had gotten quite a bit of cupcake print material?

I had originally hoped to make aprons out of it for sale, although that's far from original. Instead, it's been sitting in my sewing closet, along with my dusty sewing machine (I can't remember the last time I took it for a spin).

Anyway, I spontaneously dusted off my machine yesterday, using it to transform some of the fabric into a simple sundress for Hayden. I was on a roll, so I also made one for my cousin's daughter for her 1rst birthday. I hope she likes it as much as Hayden does.

The funny part is that Hayden is about her size, despite the age difference. They should look cute in their matching dresses.

My friend Becky's son Leo is also on the small side. We finally had another play date with them last week. Here's an updated photo of Hayden and Leo in their car seats.

Jacob has been busy, too, finishing up his 2nd grade year of school. We recently participated in his school's mini Relay for Life (like the one I posted about last year).

Today, I helped him prep for one of his final projects: his costume for the vocabulary parade. He had to pick a vocabulary word from the year and make a hat, banner or costume to represent the word in a parade through the school. He selected "sketch," which suits him well.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update. Hope all is well with you, too. Can you believe that I nearly ended this blog almost one year ago?