Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Do you alternate your shampoos?

For as long as I can remember, I've alternated the shampoo and conditioner with which I wash my hair throughout the week. Maybe it's because I once heard it preserves their effectiveness (your hair never gets too used to a product, causing it not to work as well), although I doubt it's true. Perhaps it's because I like to mix it up a bit, especially when I have a fondness for more than one shampoo and conditioner.

For the past 2 or 3 years, I've been washing my hair regularly with Acure Organics Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo and Conditioner (it's amazing on my scalp, moisturizes my hair without weighing it down and is now available at Target), and swapping it out for something different every so often (sometimes once a week, and other times as often as every other day). I'd experiment with whatever new samples came my way, and eventually settled into an alternating routine with 100 Percent Pure's line of hair care.

My favorite 100 Percent Pure shampoo and conditioner combo is the Honey & Virgin Coconut Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner. It leaves my hair soft, moisturized and smelling sweet like a baked good (must be the honey and the coconut). It keeps my scalp in balance (I work out a lot, so I feel the need to wash my hair daily; those skipping shampoo experiments were never right for me).

The Acure Organics and 100 Percent Pure products work even better when I switch back and forth between the two. I prefer the 100 Percent Pure on colder days, when my hair seems a bit parched, and opt for the Acure when I want something lighter and more clarifying. For example, during the Winter, I washed my hair more often with the 100 Percent Pure, but now that Spring has arrived, I'm reaching more for the Acure.

Do you alternate your hair care products? Which line do you use?

*I bought these products myself. I'm just a fan of the brands.