Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What I do to fade a bruise faster

This is just a quick post to share what I do to help speed up the healing of a bruise. Since I'm a bit accident prone, I definitely have some experience in this department (but I'M NOT AN EXPERT), especially after all the sledding I've done lately with the kiddos.

Anyway, the best remedies I have found for bruise healing include applying an ice pack as soon as possible to the bruise, gently brushing the area periodically, and applying products with vitamin C and caffeine to lighten the bruise and reduce any swelling. I usually grab whatever is available in my skincare stash to do the trick, so this time I used 100 Percent Pure's Vitamin C Serum (the Vitamin C Serum is currently free with a purchase of $130) and Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream (I love it when products can be used for more than one thing).

My latest bruise is a bit too high on my thigh to go posting any pics, so you'll have to take my word for it. When I banged into a sharp corner last Friday, it appeared to be a bruise that would require weeks to disappear (it was a deep, dark purple, doughnut-sized bruise with a lump and scrape in the center); however, I'm happy to report that it's almost gone, despite the fact that the scrape in the center still has a way to go.

Now you may think my method is crazy, but it works for me. Even my hubby has tried it with good results (yes, I let him take one of my Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream sample packets, which I hoard whenever possible).

What do you do to help your bruises heal faster?

*I'm not an expert, so please consult a physician when necessary.
*100 Percent Pure did not compensate me for this post. I'm just a fan of the brand.