Thursday, March 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Mallomars

I can't believe I've had this blog since 2007. Sometimes it's just fun for me to look back at my old posts and share them again with you. For example, in March of 2009, I got my first taste of a real Pure Food and Wine raw Mallomar, thanks to my friend Rawbin (hey lovely; we really need to get back to some girl talk and yummy unbaked treats). To this day, I am amazed that she brought it all the way here to me from NYC.

To my surprise, the real PF&W Mallomar tasted very similar to my attempt at making them almost a year prior to sampling the souvenir Rawbin brought me. The main difference was the size, which just means I can get away with eating more than one of my version (the top photo and other step-by-step photos in this post are of my mini experimental version back in 2008).

I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to experience an actual raw treat from PF&W, especially since I may never get the chance to dine there (even during my We Like It Raw days, I didn't get around to visiting there). It saddens me to hear about restaurant closing its doors and the whole mess behind it. I hope Sarma's latest post means things really are on the mend. I feel for her and all those involved.