Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Starbucks went vegan ...


... and now it is raw, too (and in cupcake form, of course).

The idea to veganize the popular pumpkin muffin with cream cheese filling came courtesy of Nom! Nom! Nom! blog.com. To fulfill her craving for both pumpkin pie and cheesecake at the same time, she whipped up these Cheesecake For Your Pumpkin Pie Hole Muffins.

Now, I didn't rawify the cheesecake part, but I did come up with a raw visual tribute (I even photographed it from above, like its predecessor).

Using a modified version of Averie's (I can't thank her enough for encouraging me to participate in this year's mofo) pumpkin donut holes (mine was made in different ratios of pumpkin puree, flax and agave, as well as with the addition of nut "flour" and date paste), I formed the "dough" into a muffin/cupcake and filled it with the usual raw whipped icing (I also substituted the icing in place of the coconut oil when modifying the donut hole recipe). Then, like the Nom! Nom! Nom! muffin, I garnished it with some pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of agave. Yum! Yum! Yum! Give me some :-)