Sunday, April 18, 2010

It just may take a puppy cuppie ...


... and a boatload of tweets to get Ellen's attention. Thanks to my blogging buddy Bitt, I learned how another Ellen fan got her book noticed. Since I don't have much time to travel the rest of the Blogosphere myself, it's nice to get an idea of what's out there from my friends.

Anyway, Bitt pointed out this other campaign to get vegan naturally sweet treats on Ellen's show. Ricki of Diet, Dessert and Dogs (I might have to add this one to my blog list, especially since it looks as though she is eating raw now, too) asked her readers to tweet to Ellen about her Sweet Freedom book and her goal to get her "amazing baked goods from (her) cookbook" to Ellen and the in-studio audience.

So far, she has not received a formal invitation, but her book got a cozy spot on Ellen's website. Congrats Ricki!

Now we know this is possible, and we have Ricki and her cute canines to thank for the added motivation. Looks like you need some furry friends and tons of tweets to get Ellen, so to speak.

I may not have real puppies, but I do have this familiar puppy cuppie (those puppy dog eyes work every time). I also have a bunny, which I should've dedicated to this Bunny (love her, too; I'm hoping she gets in on the raw cupcake action soon), and a cow cupcake that I'll tell you more about later in the week (it's inspired by a book review I was asked to do).


In the meantime, it looks as though Sarah is on a raw cupcake-making streak (you may remember me posting another one of her cuppies the other day), in support of the cause. It's really addicting, but in a good way. Check out the Bunny Spice Cupcakes she made from my e-book on Friday:


So, don't be shy; you can get in on the action, too.
Just check out the recipes from my raw cupcake e-book, whip them up yourself, take a picture of the Ellen cutout with your creation and let me know where I can link to it (I gotta know about it, if you want me to highlight it on my site). Also, if you'd like, upload your pic to the Ellen website, mentioning the quest to get her to eat a raw cupcake.

And, what have we learned today?

You can also help out the cause by sending multiple tweets to Ellen, as well as posting on her Facebook page. Of course, the main goal is to get her to try a raw cupcake, but a mention on her site would be pretty sweet, too :-)

BTW, thanks for participating. I really appreciate it :-)