Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Ellen Quest for Raw Cupcake Domination


Did that title get your attention? It sure got mine. Maybe I got the wording a little mixed up. Here, let me explain.

First of all, you probably already know about my raw cupcake e-book I released a couple weeks ago. To celebrate this event, as well as my birthday (I'm turning the big "3-4" on the 30th; every b-day is worth recognizing, in my opinion), I decided to feature more cupcakes on my blog throughout this month. I also hope to do an e-book giveaway, and maybe some fun projects, too (we'll see what happens, as we're already 8 days into the month; I tend to take on way too much at once sometimes).

So, what's this got to do with Ellen DeGeneres?

If you watch her show, like I do, you're already aware of the following things:
Put all these facts together and you have my quest to get Ellen to eat a raw cupcake. It's perfect, as she is vegan and searching for ways to still indulge in her sweets (mainly "cake," although you should check out her radish lollipop with a kiddie cocktail ring dipping sauce), minus the refined sugars (sounds like she needs a raw cupcake to me). She also understands what it is like to have a goal and see it through to the end.

Okay, so maybe I'm asking for a lot, but I still thought it might be fun for my blog. As you can see, I've printed her face cutout, although I have yet to cut it out (I figured that since I'm planning on using it more than once, I should keep it intact to start). Here I have her pictured with a raw German Chocolate Cupcake, my mom's favorite (if it can tempt my mom, maybe it'll get Ellen's attention, too). I hope to upload it to her site soon.

If you want to be part of my quest, check out my raw cupcake e-book for the recipes, make them at home and take a pic of your creations with or without Ellen's face. Next, post them on your site/send me the link, so I can mention it on my blog. And, if you really want to help, upload your pics to Ellen's site, with a comment about this quest. Let's see if we really can get Ellen to try a raw cupcake. That would be the best birthday present ever :-)



*****

By the way, I just wanted to mention that
HiHoRosie is having a sippy cup giveaway, courtesy of EcoMom.com (so you know it's right up my alley). Check it out.

Also, I've been meaning to enter my buddy Heathy's Moonie Pie Challenge, but I'm too busy with cupcakes at the moment. I encourage you unbakers out there to enter.