Thursday, April 26, 2012

From a girl & from a boy

First I'll tell you what I got from a girl. Of course, it's Eco Emi time again, so Hayden and I made a video to share what Christine (Eco Emi's founder) selected for the April 2012 box. You can watch the video and/or find out more about the products below, quoted from Christine's monthly information card (which also mentions Mr. Ellie Pooh; you must check this out) and followed by my initial thoughts.



Baby Me Ultra-Moisturizing Goat Milk Soap by Alabu Skin Care: "This is a fabulous vegetarian soap. Unlike most soaps which strip your skin of its natural oils, this actually moisturizes your skin as you use it and contains no artificial colors, preservatives or fillers - ever! Great for all skin types, especially for anyone with extra dry or sensitive skin."


Heads up to my vegan readers, this is only vegetarian and not vegan due to the goat's milk. Since I'm not in an entirely vegan household, this soap will not go to waste. I'll have to ask my hubby what he thinks of it.


Lip Shimmer in Plum by Burt's Bees: "Burt's Bees Plum Lip Shimmer is the perfect choice when trying to create a simple laid back or sophisticated look without too much effort. Shea butter and antioxidant-rich fruit oils moisturize, nourish and soften lips naturally and lovingly. Burt's Bees lip shimmers are available in 12 shades including three fresh new colors: Cherry, Plum and Strawberry!"


 As I've said in the past, I tend to venture into "bee-gan" territory sometimes, using items that contain bee products. Burt's Bees is one of those lines I've made exceptions for in the past. I happen to like the lip shimmers, which tend to come in perfect colors for me. They leave just a sheer shimmer of color. Although I love this plum one, I let Hayden have it this time.


Enchanting Chai Line Gourmet Enhancers, Finishing Sugars and Spiced Chocolates by Catalyst Gourmet: "Catalyst Gourmet specializes in vegan, artisan, antioxidant-rich products that lend a delicious, healing and transformative experience to your favorite foods and beverages. This month's box features a selection of their Enchanting Chai line.


"The Gourmet Enhancer will bring a captivating flavor and aroma to your drinks and meals without the need of sugar. For a sweet treat, the Finishing Sugar is a divine combination of the Gourmet Enhancer and all natural, raw sugar. Finally, satisfy your chocolate craving with their antioxidant-rich Gourmet Spiced Chocolate."


OMG! My reaction to the scent of these flavor enhancers would make my hubby blush. Oh how I love chai! I can't wait to try all of these :-)

Natural Toothpaste by Dr. Collins: "Dr. Collins Natural Vegan and Gluten Free Toothpaste features the finest ingredients found in nature with a delicious Vanilla Mint & Goji Berry flavor. Superfruits, antioxidants and vitamins support optimal oral health while Tea Tree Oil and Magnolia Bark work as natural antiseptics that fight bacteria and freshen breath. No preservatives, artificial ingredients, fluoride or sodium lauryl sulfate."


I'm still loving the fluoride-free toothpaste Christine sent me last month. This flavor sounds just as delicious. I know I'll be a fan of this one, too. 


Seaweed Body Wash in Eucalyptus and Peppermint by The Seaweed Bath Company: "Natural Seaweed Body Wash with Eucalyptus and Peppermint combines the naturally nourishing properties of seaweed along with all-natural ingredients, including Kukui which is a potent natural moisturizer and Neem Oil which is known in India to be rich in emollients that help to protect and moisturize your skin. Great for anyone, especially sufferers of dry, red, scaling, flaking or rough skin."


I've seen this brand in one of my Vital Juice e-mails. I've been curious about it, so I'm excited to have the opportunity to try it.


Bronzer in Golden by Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques: "This is the time of year I search for a bronzer to help me achieve a beautiful sun-kissed glow, and Lauren's golden bronzer is a must in my makeup bag. I love that it is light and airy, and does not turn orange or feel too heavy. This color works great for creating sun-kissed looks on pale skin, a warm glow for natural skin tones and a beautiful highlight for dark skin."


These Eco Emi boxes have really turned me into a Lauren Brooke's fan. I still can't believe I got an eyeliner in my January box when I was in need of a new one. Just the other day, I was thinking about purchasing a bronzer, and voila, there's one in this box. The shade is just right, too. 


Whipped Shea Butter with Kalahari Melon Seed Oil by Shea Radiance: "I am addicted to body butters and I especially love whipped body butters! The whipped butters have a very light and fluffy consistency and Shea Radiance has created a magical recipe containing melon seed oils which quickly absorb into the skin. Rich and easily spreadable, but not at all greasy or heavy. The scent is an amazing blend of essential oils and cozy Indian spices like anise, clove, cardamom, vanilla, and black pepper. Meant to give a warm and sweet comforting smell."


This smells nice and spicy. It also has an amazing texture. It is really whipped and creamy. Love it!


Tropical Lime Tea by Mate Factor Tea: "Tropical Lime Yerba Mate Tea Bags contain 100% organic ingredients including sun-dried lime, hibiscus flowers and green yerba mate. Each bag is double the size of most tea bags and is naturally high in vitamin C, resulting in a fruity tropical blend that is not only refreshing hot or cold, but is an amazing booster to your body's defense system."

I'm a tea drinker, so of course, I was happy to receive this. I especially like teas with hibiscus. So good!


Organic Raw Fair Trade Honey by Wholesome Sweeteners: "A thick, creamy honey with a warm butterscotch essence. Blended from multi-floral nectar collected on fair trade certified cooperatives, this yummy honey is never heated and pairs perfectly on warm biscuits, in salad dressings, with yogurt or hard cheeses."


I don't usually consume honey, but when I do, I like it to be organic, raw and fair trade like this one. That "butterscotch essence" description really got my attention.


*****

And now to what's from a boy. Can you believe Hayden got this Lily of the Valley from a boy at story time yesterday? So sweet :-)