Thursday, May 5, 2016

Butter me up w/Butter Babes body butter

First of all, I can't believe I just used the word "butter" three times in a blog title about an organic, raw vegan beauty product. Butter Babes is a body butter packed with plant-based butters that you'll just love to slather all over your skin (now I've used it three times in one sentence).

I was lucky enough to receive a small sample of this yummy body treat (seriously, the ingredients are so pure that it might actually be edible, although I wouldn't recommend eating it). This sample may be small, but a little goes a long way (there's enough for multiple uses inside this cute container).

Butter Babes Organic Body Butter is made with organic, raw, plant-based ingredients, without any chemicals or preservatives. What you see inside is just organic cacao butter, organic virgin coconut oil, organic mango butter, organic golden jojoba seed oil, vitamin E oil, almond butter, avocado butter and aloe butter. The result is a creamy, dreamy butter meant to be spread all over your body.

This body butter melts right into every inch of where you apply it, leaving skin soft and smooth to the touch. I love how it gives me a healthy glow and keeps my skin moisturized all day. It also smells amazing, like the pure ingredients used to make it (there's actually a disclaimer on the site, reminding you not to eat it, as you get a whiff of the naturally chocolaty scent of the cacao butter; however, I think it's okay that I've used it on my lips).

I hope to one day get my hands on a full-size container, both because I adore the product and the look of the packaging (I think it's bamboo). I'll make sure to let you know on my Instagram page, if I do.

According to the Butter Babes website, this body butter not only moisturizes, but also is excellent for soothing sunburns and minor irritations (aloe is known for that), protecting the skin from the sun (the site lists avocado butter as having protective effects against UV radiation and a natural SPF of 4-15) and diminishing stretch marks (I know I relied on cacao butter to help ward off stretch marks during both my pregnancies; I have some, but it could have been much worse). If I get a full-size of this body butter in the future, I hope to test out more of these claims, as summer is nearly here.

Do you have a favorite multipurpose natural beauty product for summer? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Butter Babes Organic Inc. sent me this sample for review.
All opinions are my own :)