Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Candy cane cookies


The other day, I got busy making some raw Christmas cookies for Santa (they'll keep in the freezer, if you need to make them in advance; with little lady around, I need to plan ahead). I already showed you the Rawtess Snowballs, so here's what was next.

I had leftover berry-colored coconut flakes from the snowballs. Not wanting to waste anything, I came up with this idea; using this raw chocolate chip cookie dough (minus the chocolate chips), I formed some candy cane cookies, which I "baked" in my dehydrator (like when I made this s'more cookie; the dough looked a lot smoother that time, as I used my Blendtec to make the "flour." This time, I was having some blender issues, so I had to use the food processor instead).

Then, on to the decorating. I iced them with a mixture of cocoa and agave, and added the stripes with a sprinkling of the leftover flakes in both plain and berry. The results were almost too cute to eat. Make some at home, and you be the judge.

*****

By the way, have you voted for this year's Best of Raw? I did, and to my surprise, I was actually nominated for best raw blog twice (one with a capital "D," as in "RawDorable," and the other just "Rawdorable"). I've been a little out of the loop lately, so thanks to whoever nominated me. I really do appreciate it :-)