Sunday, May 23, 2010

In full bloom


Spring has definitely been in full bloom now, having me looking forward to summer. The wacky weather is working on settling into the warm, sunny pattern I like best.

Unfortunately, with the heat, comes humidity. It makes my hair frizzy and my skin greasy, a sign that I need to change up my beauty routine.

Usually, I'm content with my homemade cleansing and toning options, but as summer draws near, I tend to invest in some more complex products. My favorite for the past few years has been those made by Pangea Organics.

First of all, I want to make it clear that this company is totally unaware of this post. I'm really just a huge fan of the Egyptian Calundela & Blood Orange Cleanser, Italian Green Mandarin with Sweet Lime Toner Spray (it's lovely to just refresh your skin throughout the day), and Nigerian Ginger, Sweet Lavender and Thyme Facial Cream. I'm so glad CEO and founder of the company Joshua Onysko talked me into buying all three at a past Green Festival.

Since then, I've been able to replenish my supply by purchasing these items at Whole Foods. However, with little lady around, I don't get out as much as usual, so I opted to order more online this time.

I know I could've ordered directly from the company, but I stumbled upon another site in my search. I ended up buying the cleanser and toner (I still had quite a bit of the facial cream left, as I only need a little bit) from bloom.com. I was so happy with my experience that I just had to share it with you.

Bloom.com also doesn't know about this post, or the fact that I have a blog. I was just impressed at how they offered a reasonable price for these products, with $10 off due to the fact it was my first purchase over $50, and free shipping. It arrived in a matter of days with a handwritten thank you note, coupons for 20 percent off mine and a friend's next order and $20 gift certificate. Amazing! No wonder I wanted to tell you about it.

Now I just need to do something about my hair. In the meantime, I'll plant my Pangea Organics toner box to see if it grows. You'll have to buy some to test this out for yourself.



*****

sunday, may 23, 2010, continued ...
...................................................................................


More cupcake cuties


On another note, there are still raw cupcakes being made in the blogosphere.


Check out this adorable photo of Sui's cuppies. She's an amazing photographer. The rest of her raw cupcake photo shoot can be seen here on her blog. Don't forget to stop by and say hi to her :-)