Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Flashback fiesta in a cup


Keeping a blog fresh after a few years has its challenges, but it is nice to have material to fall back on in a pinch. As I'm trying not to get too overwhelmed with balancing blogging with mommy duties, I'm happy to sometimes just share a blast from the past, like this little number. I may have posted a fiesta in a bowl of sorts on the Natural Zing blog the other day, but I opted to recognize Cinco de Mayo in a cup (make that cupcake) right here.

This raw cupcake (above) is a variation of the savory cupcake from my raw cupcake e-book, which Lisa from Raw on $10 a Day was kind enough to mention on her blog recently (I just love her budget-friendly ideas, and her e-book sold on her site). She even used one of my recipes in her menu (these Chocolate Avocado Cupcake pictures to the left and below are hers; I guess they really can be economical). Check it out.

BTW, Ellen stopped by, too, to share a raw cupcake with her. Here is the pic Lisa posted on her site. Looks like the quest to get Ellen to try a raw vegan cupcake isn't over yet. I'll tone it down around here, but you're all welcome to keep it going if you'd like. I'll still post your raw cupcake creations and link back to you. Thanks :-)