Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Face it; Acure Organics works for me

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Acure Organics, mainly for the haircare (the Moroccan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo & Conditioner have been staples in my shower for years) and body care (it's that time of year to apply the Firming Body Lotion). I would have raved about the skincare sooner, if I had in fact used it. I had been lucky enough to use the Brightening Facial Scrub, but had yet to try their other facial products.

Lucky for me, Acure Organics sent me some of the facial products that caught my eye, starting with the Chorella Growth Factor + Edelweiss Stem Cell Eye Cream. "Chock full of line-fighting edelweiss stem cell and chlorella growth factor to protect and stimulate new collagen while reducing wrinkles and crow's feet. Goji relieves puffiness and dark circles," according to the packaging.

The Edelweiss got me thinking of "The Sound of Music" and hopeful that this eye cream would quickly become one of "My Favorite Things." I like the generous size tube (it's a whole fluid ounce), and the lightness of the product (it feels more like a lotion than a cream). It absorbs well and I could see it working on my first use. It softens my fine lines, and after a week of use, has tackled my crow's feet better than most eye creams. It helps with dark circles, although not quite as much as caffeinated eye creams (maybe Acure should make one with coffee added). The best part is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and eyes.

Next up is my favorite product of the bunch. Acure's Seriously Firming Facial Serum had me at hello. "Experience concentrated and targeted results as rich antioxidants and nutrients revitalize your skin. Certified organic argan oil restores moisture to the skin's lipid layer, borage oil soothes inflammation and cranberry works to neutralize free radicals for firmer, glowing skin," according to the packaging.

I really have nothing negative to say about this product. It makes my skin glow, diminishes any sign of redness (I have very sensitive skin, so even the act of washing my face makes my skin slightly pink/patchy), tightens any sagging skin (I'm 39, so I've had to deal with gravity for a while) and even seems to heal blemishes (or at least doesn't cause them; I'm cursed with both acne-prone skin and aging). Although I may look a bit oily when I first apply it, this serum, which is made up of only oils, surprisingly absorbs into my skin (rather than ending up on my pillow at night). The package suggests applying this serum after your moisturizer, but I found this to work as both a serum and a moisturizer for me. It even double-duties as an eye makeup remover, so you know it's safe for sensitive eyes.

Last, but not least, is Acure's Argan Oil + Starflower Line Eraser, which states on its packaging, "This Certified Organic balm works on deep wrinkles (like around the mouth) and helps fade scars with the well studied activity of borage and argan oils. Also a great healing salve, it can be applied to burns, wound sites, eczema, psoriasis, blemishes ... need I go on? A true all-in-one therapy, it's a must-have for any medicine cabinet."

I love a good multitasking product, so this one is no exception. I had originally wanted to try it on my deep worry wrinkle between my brows, but was happy to discover so many other uses. It's doing an excellent job of smoothing out most of my lines (that main brow one just needs more time), while combating any blemishes in its path. Normally a rich, moisturizing product like this would cause breakouts.

When I didn't break out a few days into my first week of use, I opted to try it on my lips and around my mouth, as well as on any scars I have. A scar on my thigh is actually less visible. Fingers crossed that it will disappear over time. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks to Acure Organics for helping to turn back the clock (they sent me the products for review, but the opinions are my own) and to my readers for still reading another no-makeup post.

On another note, I've learned a lot about skincare by watching Acure's Ask Amy videos on YouTube. You should check them out (and subscribe, too; they do giveaways). This company really knows its stuff. Acure products are fair trade, natural, certified organic, and free from animal testing, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, harmful preservatives and artificial colors.