Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My current collection of Vapour Organic Beauty

If you've been reading my blog all these years, you've probably noticed how much it has changed. It started as your basic raw food blog, but now it's so much more. Besides, I don't eat exclusively raw these days, and I'd like to share my other interests, such as DIY and beauty, too.

Today's beauty-related post is about Vapour Organic Beauty, a line I found out a while ago from Kimberly Snyder. These days, I find her plan a bit too restrictive for me (love her positive energy, though), but I still enjoy her recipes and follow some of her advice (I stick to fruit and greens in the morning, and tend to eat light to heavy). I also have her exclusive Vapour Organic Beauty Fresh Collection on my wishlist.

I don't have Kimberly's Fresh Collection, but I have quite the collection of Vapour products, as you can see at the top of this post. I thought it would be fun to swatch some of the colors for you, starting with these Mesmerize Eye Shimmers in Gilt (pale yellow), Sugar (soft pink) and Ice (light blue silver).


As you can see in the swatches above, these eye shimmers are sheer, shimmery and provide just a hint of color (they are great highlighters). They are cream shadows that feel similar to the lipsticks, but with a hint of powder in them. These work best for me in the winter months, but I find I need powder to set them on humid days.

Most Vapour products are in a moisturizing cream stick form, which makes them easy to apply. I'm a big fan of the lipsticks and Aura Multi-Use Blush, especially since this old face doesn't like it when powders bring out her wrinkles (yes, I admitted that I have wrinkles).

Two of my favorite Vapour Siren Lipsticks are Tryst (a universal neutral red) and Courage (a classic cherry red), which I like to wear with Radiant Aura Multi-Use Blush in Whisper (a shimmery warm pale pink that's meant for lips and cheeks). This blush looks very natural and makes my skin glow. The lipsticks work well with the blush, apply so easily (there's something about that unique flat top) and last all day. They aren't so moisturizing that they wipe away, yet they don't dry out my lips. Also, these reds are perfect on me, like every other color I've purchased from Vapour.

Speaking of other colors, I just added two more Siren Lipsticks to my collection, Bold (a classic cool deep red) and Purr (the perfect sex-kitten pink; meow!).

Here are swatches of the two colors. Bold is a little bolder than Courage, but not as much as suggested by the Vapour site. I like it, though. Purr is completely the opposite; it's a light pink, almost lilac shade. Usually, this color doesn't work on me, but somehow this one does.

To amp up the shine, I also have the Elixir Plumping Lip Gloss in Bitten (a deep red cherry stain), Discreet (a shimmery nude) and Flare (a warm orange red). Obviously, I tend to go for the reds or nude.

In the swatches above, you can see how deceiving they can be in the tube (Bitten really isn't as dark as it first appears). They paint (with a brush applicator) a sheer wash of color that can be worn alone or on top of the lipsticks. I tend to wear the darker colors by themselves, but use Discreet over a pink or coral lipstick, as it tends to wash me out by itself. All three colors have a slight shimmer and plump my lips just a little bit (although I'm not sure if anyone notices but me).

Here's a pic of me wearing Bitten (my lips look a tad thin in this pic, but you get a better idea of the color), along with Whisper Aura Multi-Use Blush, Ice Mesmerize Eye Shimmer and a navy eyeliner that I could no longer find on the site. 

I also have three Vapour Organic Beauty Vernissage 5-Free Nail Lacquer in Mischief (light gray), Instinct (bright red) and Rogue (nude pink). These colors are so classic. The polish glides on smoothly and holds up to my mommy lifestyle. It doesn't take forever to dry, and I've been able to get away with applying only one coat. I meant to swatch these, too, but didn't get a chance for you. The colors paint on just as you see them here. Maybe I'll post them on my Instagram in the future.

Have you tried Vapour Organic Beauty? Let me know on Twitter (I'm at @Rawdorable) or my Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

Just so you know, I purchased all these products myself (although I'd gladly review anything Vapour sends me).

According to the Vapour Organic Beauty website, "Vapour is 100% natural. It contains 70% organic ingredients and 30% mineral pigments and essential oils. That is it. Vapour contains no toxic chemicals, no parabens, no phalates, no animal testing, no nano-particles and no irradiation." Heads up to vegans, Vapour products do contain beeswax, but are cruelty-free.