Wednesday, May 13, 2015

PB&J Ancient Grains Pure Bar Sandwiches

As you know, the Pure Bar was kind enough to send me some of their bars, as well as founder Veronica Bosgraaf's "Pure Food" cookbook (check out my review here). I love the bars on their own, but I also have fun making semi-homemade treats out of them, like my Pure Bar Tartlets, Push Pops, Last-Minute Love Bug Brownie Bites and Pure Bees.

Today's semi-homemade treats are so simple. They're made with Pure Organic Ancient Grain Bars in Peanut Butter Chocolate and Triple Berry Nut, as well as some natural peanut butter, fresh raspberries and chia seeds.

To start, I used a serrated knife to cut the bars into "crackers." I each bar into three pieces and then sliced those pieces in half, as if to make a sandwich.

I used the fresh raspberries and chia seeds for the jam. I didn't measure; I just went with what I like.

A fork was all I needed to mash the berries together with the chia seeds to create the jam.

Lastly, I filled my Ancient Grains Pure Bar sandwich crackers with the peanut butter and freshly made jam. These can be eaten right away or allowed to firm up a bit in the fridge (they are a little less messy that way). Yum!

 *****

On another note, 100 Percent Pure fans should mark your calendars for the next gift with purchase, which includes the Pretty Naked Palette, Black Tea Mascara, Blackest Creamy Eyeliner, Pomegranate Lip Butter and a cute pink cotton zipper bag. I can't believe all this is free with any $45 in-store or online purchase made Monday, May 25, 2015 through Monday, June 1, 2015, while supplies last.

And as always, I'll keep you posted with any other deals I find worth tweeting about on Twitter. I'm @Rawdorable.