Friday, January 1, 2010

Sweet & sour


Happy new year everybody! I know many of you probably don't have time to be reading a lot of posts, so I'm going to make this brief.

After indulging in unbaked goods (like the other day's walnut cookies), it is only natural to start craving something a little fresher. That's why I decided to start the new year off right with a lighter tradition.

If you clicked on the food tradition link in my last post, you would have seen grapes at the top of the list. Eat one for each month (I just happened to grab a bunch with exactly 12 on it), taking note of the sweet and sour ones. Superstition says the sweet grapes represent the good months to come, while the sour ones may not be as sweet.

Good thing I came into it with an optimistic attitude, as all my grapes suited my taste. The first one, being the smallest, had a slightly stronger flavor than the rest, but none of them made me cringe. Looks like I have a pleasant year ahead of me. You should try this, too :-)

*****

friday, january 1, 2010, continued ...
..........................................................................................................


Something sweet already


Since posting this entry, I got the sweetest response; Joanna of Promoting the Raw Diet While Debunking the Myths nominated me for the Happy 101 Blog Award.

What does this mean?

Now, let me explain. To accept this award, I need to list 10 things that make me happy and try to do at least one of them today. Then, I get a chance to bestow this honor on 10 of my fellow bloggers, so here we go.

10 Things That Make Me Happy

1. Spending time with my family, something I'll definitely get a chance to do today.
2. Eating fresh yummy food, which I try to do everyday.
3. Being creative in the kitchen (no surprises there; I just adore decorating raw cupcakes).
4. Making crafts, like the jewelry I constructed for my mom and sisters recently.
5. Smiling.
6. Laughing.
7. Dancing with my baby in my arms.
8. Writing, whether it be a blog post, story or handwritten note (people don't always recognize the importance of this dying art, which reminds me; I need to get back to sending letters to my grandmother).
9. Singing in the car, shower, or anywhere else that drives my hubby crazy; at least my kids like it.
10. Surprises, like being recognized by Joanna with this award. Thanks so much :-)

Now for the nominees:
1. Averie of Love Veggies and Yoga
2. Bitt of A Bitt of Raw
3. Heidi of HiHoRosie's Place
4. Lori and Michelle of Pure2Raw
5. Michal of Earth Muffin
6. Stephanie of Rawlicious Barbie
7. Isle Dance
8. The Fitness Freak
9. Rawkin Mom
10. Heather of Kombucha Chic

Thanks again Joanna, and congrats to all the nominees!

By the way, those who didn't get nominated shouldn't take it personally, as I love you all. Each one of you makes me smile :-)