Friday, September 4, 2009

Tell me on a sundae

I know it isn't Sunday, but it's not like me to post a la mode when expected. You may recall me posting one sundae on a Thursday and repeating this trend later on in a cupcake-style.

Today being Friday, wasn't going to delay this post, and as for this title, I just like the song.

Unfortunately, the Andrew Lloyd Webber piece from his production, also entitled "Tell Me on a Sunday," isn't quite as sweet. In fact, although the song is very beautiful, the lyrics are sad and depressing.

Lucky for me, I haven't felt depressed at all. I wonder if it is due to my fairly high raw diet. I'm definitely not an expert on the subject, but I've read that raw foods are great for combating postpartum depression.

And, how can I be depressed when I've been enjoying raw banana-based n'ice cream almost everyday during my pregnancy (except in the beginning of my first trimester when I couldn't stomach bananas) and since giving birth? It's just so delightful.

It seems as though I haven't been the only one indulging in this deceivingly healthy alternative to ice cream. My new online raw foodie friend Averie has been posting her versions, while Kristen has been sharing her crumbled topped banana goodness with her hubby. And, when I checked out Rawbin's tweets this morning, I discovered she's been drizzling hers with "the best chocolate sauce ever."

I wonder what's in that sauce? I know mine has almond butter, cocoa powder, agave, vanilla and a little water to help thin it out. I layered mine with some fresh strawberries and sliced almonds, which looked scrumptious atop my simple strawberry banana n'ice cream. I made it quick in my mini food processor out of just that; frozen strawberries and bananas. It doesn't get easier than that.

Unfortunately, my camera has been acting up again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Other times, it works, but only allows me to get one or two shots. Thankfully, I got these two to share with you.