Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dreaming of Raw Cupcakes

That's what Hayden's been doing. She can't wait for me to make/eat some more. I wonder if she's thinking about the rawified baby shower cupcake from when she was still in my belly? That girl was grown on raw cupcakes, so she definitely has a taste for them.

It will be a while before she can eat one by herself, but for now, I guess it's okay to just dream. That's why I painted this on her long-sleeved onesie (not only am I keeping the actual cupcakes away from her mouth, but it looks as though I've also removed her hands from the equation).

And so we can all dream about raw cupcakes, here are some flashback links to my previous cupcake posts:

Charlotte's Cupcake Web

Good Witch or Bad Witch

Halloween has finally arrived

Fauxtess Gone Raw

The best of both worlds

Please sir, I want s'more

Cupcakes Rawk!

That's the way the cookie crumbles

More mashed potadough

No tater tops here

This cupcake is bananas

Another sundae on a Thursday

Wake me up before you cocoa

A hazy shade of yet another cupcake

Greening my reading

Who says savory can't be fun?

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Matthew's Pumpkin Trifle

Sweet Shannon's

Martha's rawliday makeover

Jacob's Rawzilla Birthday Cupcake

A raw baby shower?

A labor of love


*****

wednesday, september 16, 2009 continued ...
........................................................................................................

Rachael does it again

As I mentioned in an add-on yesterday, Rachael Ray has been taking some tips from the raw food world.

On Monday, she made an agave-sweetened, freshly squeezed citrus beverage. Then, on Tuesday, she followed up with her version of banana n'ice cream made from frozen bananas in a food processor.

Today, she made a watermelon and heirloom tomato salad (just ignore the chicken part), dressed simply in the juices of the tomato, some EVOO, sea salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Her show is looking a lot more Yum-O.