Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This cupcake is bananas


Bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S (that's spelling it out for you).

It's just like that Gwen Stefani song my hubby makes fun of every time I play it. On a positive note, my son probably knows how to spell that word.

Speaking of my son, I had a conference with his teacher yesterday. I am happy to report that he is in the top of his class. I am so proud of him.

Anyway, back to the banana, cupcake that is. My friend Charissa of Raw Royalty was hoping for a chocolate chip banana muffin or cupcake, so lucky for her, I delivered (although not to her house).

This is actually the first of two banana cupcakes I have rawified for you from the "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" book. Today's model is decked out in a simple vanilla icing swirl, a sprinkling of walnuts (although they used peanuts and a peanut butter frosting), a couple banana slices and a raw chocolate chunk. It's very reminiscent of the picture from the book.

Ms. Moskowitz and Ms. Romero (the authors of the book) named their baked original "The Elvis," after "The King's" fondness for grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Thanks girls for the inspiration. As Elvis would say, "thank you, thank you very much."