Sunday, November 9, 2008

No tater tops here


If you've read my last two posts, you're probably familiar with the tater-top reference. Both my rawified cookies 'n cream and cookie dough cupcakes looked as though they were embellished with potato in their pics (obviously, it was due to my lack of photography skills, as I didn't notice this in person).

Ever since I read Heathy's post with her ice cream scooped mock potatoes, I kept seeing this mashed side dish on top of all my treats. That is, until now.

Today's rawified cupcake is another one from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World." Inspired by the book's Chocolate Mint Cupcakes, my model is wearing a coat of raw chocolate sauce and a mint green meltaway cap.

What's a mint meltaway?

It's what I call one of those multicolored melt-in-your-mouth mints you probably had after eating at a social event or perhaps found nestled on your pillow at a hotel. I used to love how they dissolved on my tongue as a child, and lucky for me, I found a way to recreate this experience.

Ever wonder what I do with leftover raw icing?

Of course, I sometimes make n'ice cream sammies, but I also like to add some mint to what's left and pipe it into stars or swirls. Then, I pop them into the freezer to form the perfect raw after dinner mint.

One of these swirls was the exact topper I needed for my mint chocolate cupcake, and it was already made for me. Don't you love it when everything just falls into place.

For instance, today I'll be heading out to the Green Festival, where I'll be able to get the scoop on everything green, visit with my friends at the NaturalZing booth and meet Wendi Dee for the first time. I hope she liked her cupcake :-)