Monday, April 12, 2010

Brightly colored n'ice cream sprinkles


I must apologize in advance to any of you who are not amused by my whole Ellen Quest, as you'll be seeing a lot of it this month. If I learned anything at all from her campaigning to be on the cover of O Magazine and her current Quest for World Domination, I've found that persistence pays off in the end.

So, for now, I'm going to continue having fun with the idea. It's my birthday month, and I'm celebrating the way I want, which means lots of yummy raw cupcakes.

And what's a raw cupcake without n'ice cream?

It is no surprise that I am a huge fan of banana-based n'ice cream, which I eat year-round regardless of whether or not it's hot or cold outside (Yum!). I even like to make it into single-sized cupcake-inspired servings like the one seen here (sometimes I even make my favorite raw cupcake base and frost the top with n'ice cream instead of icing. Double yum!).

Today, Ellen is pictured with a pineapple/strawberry/banana n'ice cream with some rainbow chard stalks blended in, too. I also cut up tiny shards of the brightly colored chard stalks to use as sprinkles on top. They almost look like chopped up gummies, although no little chewy bears were harmed in the process.

Don't forget you can get involved, too.
Just check out the recipes from my raw cupcake e-book, whip them up yourself, take a picture of the Ellen cutout with your creation and let me know where I can link to it (I gotta know about it, if you want me to highlight it on my site, like Bitt's creations; she didn't have an Ellen pic, so I added it for her). Also, if you'd like, upload your pic to the Ellen website, mentioning the quest to get her to eat a raw cupcake. If we work together, we can make this a reality.


And, in case you're still craving "cake," I posted this cupcake with n'ice cream combo (pictured below) on the Natural Zing blog recently (you gotta go there to get the recipe), as Natural Zing is my favorite place to buy raw cupcake-making supplies.

I created this Bittersweet Olive Cupcake (above), especially for them (it contains the olives I used in a giveaway recently, along with some yummy cacao nibs), like when I formulated this recipe (below) for Juli Novotny on her site (I love finding ways to incorporate delicious pre-made products into my own recipes).


Speaking of Natural Zing
, I just wanted to let everyone know about Lori and Katie's Earth Day Challenge (the company donated to the prize stash). Check out this post to find out more.


BTW, don't to forget to check out Lisa's Raw on $10 a Day (or Less!) site. She's having a Strawsome giveaway!