Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Magic Mirror

When I was little, I used to watch a show called Romper Room (although they were not the original episodes; those were before my time). I have fond memories of the host holding up a magic mirror (just the framework, as there was a hole cut out of the middle) at the end of the show, and saying the following words:

"Romper, bomper, stomper boo,
Tell me, tell me, tell me, do,
Magic mirror, tell me today,
Did all my friends have fun at play?"

Then, she would list off some names, like "I see John and Jane having a special day, and Bobby and Sue having a special day, too." I don't think she ever called out Shannon, but I was on the edge of my seat waiting to hear it. Do you think she could see me?

Like now, do you think Ellen can see me, too?

Well, with my magic mirror, I can view some of my blogging helpers having fun in their raw kitchens. Let's see who's been unbaking raw cupcakes for the cause today:

My blogging friend Debbie of Raw-Riffic Food not only made two types of raw cupcakes (the Creme-filled Lemony Cupcakes with her own topping/garnish and the Cocoa Avocado Cupcakes), but she did a review, too (don't forget to check out her Raw Food Basics book/e-book and Smoothie book/e-book, as well). She's so sweet. Did I mention she was the first to buy my e-book?

Then, there's my newest "Buddy" on the block, with her blog, Vegan Showdown. You might want to stop by her site and welcome her to the Blogosphere, when you get a chance. She documented her first experience making raw cupcakes with her cell phone, demonstrating the ramekin technique, which is how I started out, too. Not bad for some phone pics.

Want to see your name and blog here, too? Here's a reminder of what you need to do:


Just check out the recipes from my raw cupcake e-book, whip them up yourself, take a picture of the Ellen cutout with your creation and let me know where I can link to it (I gotta know about it, if you want me to highlight it on my site). Also, if you'd like, upload your pic to the Ellen website, mentioning the quest to get her to eat a raw cupcake.

You can also help out the cause by sending multiple tweets to Ellen, as well as posting on her Facebook page. Of course, the main goal is to get her to try a raw cupcake, but a mention on her site would be pretty sweet, too :-)

Thanks to all who are participating. You're making this the best birthday month ever!


*****

wednesday, april 21, 2010, continued ...
.....................................................................................

My favorite
face & body lotion


I know I already posted today, but sticking to the mirror theme, I thought of this product while in the middle of my daily facial routine.

I was looking in my mirror, after washing my face with a combination of witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, rose water and veggie glycerin, and began to apply my favorite face & body lotion. I just had to share it with all of you.

Natural Zing's unscented pure natural MSM lotion works great from top to bottom. Of course, it's nice to use all over after a shower, but I've also found it to be an excellent vegan product for my face, too. It moisturizes well, without clogging my pores. No wonder I have a youthful glow (ha ha).

Anyway, with Earth Day on the horizon, I thought now would be a good time to tell you about it. Hope you find you love it as much as I do :-)