Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mommy, give Ellen her own cupcake


Due to popular demand, I'm allowing little lady to blog again today. The rest of this post will be from Hayden's point of view. Enjoy!

I'm so excited that mommy let me take over this post, especially since she is in the middle of her birthday week ... whatever that is (I've never had one). I just know she said she was late wishing Michelle and Lori happy b-day on their special day. She sent out some birdie thing yesterday to tell everyone.

She kept typing out nonsense to some @TheEllenShow, like her life depended on it. I tried to help (somebody please help her), but she wouldn't let me touch the keys.

At least she let me get my hands on this special treat. This n'ice looking cupcake was screaming my name: "Hayden ... come and get me!"

Ellen, I don't see your name on this one. Move out of my way.


Ellen, do you have to be in every shot? Mom, I thought this peach banilla n'ice cream cupcake was for me.


Okay, you can have the cherry (I'm not old enough to eat one of those; that's a choking hazard. Good thing I was well supervised for this photo shoot). But, I get the rest of this frosty yumminess :-)


You can make a n'ice cream cupcake, too. It's easy, although I've never actually made one myself. Mommy does that part for me. Here's the recipe:


Hayden's Peach Banilla
N'ice Cream Cupcakes

*Makes one for me and another for mommy, too!

1 chopped frozen banana
1/2 cup chopped frozen peaches
vanilla bean, to taste
sprinkling of cinnamon (optional)

Have mommy add the frozen banana and peaches to a food processor. Get her to scrape in some seeds from a vanilla bean to make it extra special (she won't let me have that extract with the alcohol in it yet), and maybe even some of that cinnimin ... cinnamin ... cinnaminamin ... oh whatever you call that stuff.

Process the frozen fruit into a soft-serve consistency. Scoop into two reusable silicone cupcake liners, making cute cupcake-like mounds on top (mommy shapes mine to resemble frosting).

Serve immediately or allow to set in freezer for a bit. I like it when mommy gives me mine right away, which explains my fingerprints in the cupcake pic :-)

*Can be topped with a cherry for the more experienced cupcake eater. Never give a whole cherry to a baby my size, as I could choke on it. Mine was just a temporary garnish.

Don't forget you can help mommy in her quest to get Ellen to try a raw vegan cupcake (I'm sure she'll enjoy it as much as I like this n'ice cream one ... Mmmm ... yummy ... and messy, too).

Just check out the recipes from my mommy's raw cupcake e-book, whip them up yourself, take a picture of the Ellen cutout with your creation and let her know where she can link to it (She's gotta know about it, if you want her to highlight it on our site). Also, if you'd like, upload your pic to the Ellen website, mentioning the quest to get her to eat a raw cupcake.


You can also help out the cause by sending multiple tweets to Ellen, as well as posting on her Facebook page. Of course, the main goal is to get her to try a raw cupcake, but a mention on her site would be pretty sweet, too :-)

Thanks to all who are participating. Mommy's birthday is only a couple days away. She wishes she could show off a ton of your raw cupcakes that day (and maybe get a little Ellen recognition, as well). Pretty please, with a cherry on top :-)



*****

Also, don't forget about mommy's birthday deal this week: The good people at Natural Zing have a birthday special in her honor. All of our readers who purchase $50 or more of raw cupcake-making ingredients (or whatever other products you like) through Friday, April 30, 2010, will receive a pound of almonds free. Just enter the code: $50ALMONDS_RAWDORABLE in the comment box at check out. Happy birthday or unbirthday to all of you, too!