Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wedding bell blues


Now, I don't want to give you the wrong idea from the title, so I guess I'll have to explain.

Today, my husband and I will be attending the wedding of one of my sister's closest and dearest friends, Kellee. She's been around since her middle school days; she's practically like family. In addition, the bride has been with her husband-to-be (Matt) for a decade (today is also their 10-year anniversary together), so we've all been anxiously awaiting this day for a long time.

There's no doubt in my mind that we'll have a good time. The couple's playful and energetic personalities will definitely shine through in the ceremony and reception. It's also been rumored that an Elvis impersonator will be officiating, as well as providing entertainment following the main event. But, I think he is refraining from getting into character until after the ceremony.

The only concern I have is about the food. Now, most raw foodies have found themselves in this situation on one or more occasions. What do you do? Will they have something you can eat? Should you fill up your belly ahead of time? Bring your own snacks? And, if you do, how do you discretely consume them alongside the rest of the guests?

In the past, I've been lucky to have either found foods on the buffet to suit my diet, ate everyone's salad at my table (they didn't want them, can you believe that?), had more than my share of the fruit and veggie trays (again, these are not very popular with the rest of the crowd), or even had a special plate made for me (when I was actually in the wedding).

Hopefully, one or more of these possibilities will present itself. But, don't expect anything; the bride has enough on her plate to think about what everyone else is going to have on their's ( literally). So, be prepared and pack a raw emergency kit.

Whenever I am going to an event and I'm unsure of the menu, I pack some raw veggies in my purse with some heavier nut-based treats or a raw energy bar. Fortunately, I am a girl and have no problems toting them along in my purse. They are in there just in case I need to resort to them, but if I don't, no one has to know.

Speaking of purses, my hubby got me two for Christmas this year. One is made from recycled billboards and the other is from refurbished tires. I plan to carry the tire one today (the wedding is semi-casual, and most of the guests will be wearing black and other dark colors).

So, did you all miss me yesterday? You can't expect me to blog all the time; you might start taking me for granted. Ha ha. But seriously, every girl needs a day off once in a while, and I spent my evening with my boys (husband and son).

Thanks to everyone who struck up a friendship with me on Give It To Me Raw. I think I have more to respond to, but I had to take care of my blog first (my other baby; it must be the mom in me). I'm off to visit my raw community next ...

But, not until I offer my congrats to the newlyweds and a shout out to my grandmother, whose birthday is today. Best wishes, Kellee and Matt! Happy birthday, Granny!

3 comments:

RawBin said...

I missed u.

shannonmarie said...

I'm sorry. I'll see you tomorrow, right?

shannonmarie said...

Rawbin, did you recognize the bag in the photo? It is exactly like the one I wanted at the Green Festival. Apparently, Matthew ordered it for me that very night. He knows how to treat me right. Hey, that rhymes :-)